My kid loves bananas. We have to hide them or his crazy “I want banana” dances become destructive and sometimes violent. So I made some mini banana muffins for tomorrow’s breakfast. Here’s hoping they appease the beastie. This recipe has been halved, hence the weird measurements. It now makes 24 mini muffins (although I only got 23) and 6 regular sized muffins. So to make a dozen big muffins or 24 minis, doubles this recipe.
You will need:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 egg
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Add flour mixture, and beat until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.
- Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.
If you make minis, each one has 47 calories and less than 1.5 grams of fat. The sodium is pretty low, too, so it’s a good toddler recipe.