More uses for old bananas! That’s right, I’ve limited Teno to one banana a day to save him pooping difficulties I’m sure he’d rather I never speak of on the Internet. So, to get rid of some of the guys who don’t get eaten in time I do a lot of banana baking. And this guy right here, he loves it.
You will need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Beat in eggs, vanilla and bananas until thoroughly blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in.x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until the bread tests done with a wooden pick.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
I have a feeling Tony and I will be able to take care of whatever Teno doesn’t eat, but it’s nice to know you can freeze banana bread should you not be able to eat it all before it’s not fresh anymore.