Voted “best cupcakes ever” by the Slater family (my husband and in-laws.) So here it is, the easiest and apparently, most delicious cupcakes I’ve ever made- recipe by Julie Hasson.
Follow the link and disregard anything I’ve ever told you about topping these cupcakes with anything but THIS flavor.
You will need:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix together flour cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a bowl, beat together granulated and brown sugars and butter until well combined. Add peanut butter, beating until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Let cool completely on a rack.