These are a classic Christmas cookie bar in my family, but I had all this stuff left over from some cupcakes I decorated and decided to throw it all together and make something that will make my husband super happy when he gets home from work today. Oh, and one more thing- you just aren’t real white trash unless you’ve eaten these until your teeth hurt.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips*
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, usually, but whatever you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). In 13×9-inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven. Sprinkle crumbs over butter; pour condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars.
*For an even more fun bar, use 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup flavored chips such as butterscotch or peanut butter chips.