I don’t usually post bad recipes unless it’s something that’s out there in public where someone else might bake it and be as disappointed as I was. (Like the chocolate chip cookie recipe on most bags of chocolate chips- these never turn out right, I don’t get it!) But in this case, this was my own bad recipe based on classic muffin recipes. I’m posting it because Teno liked them and on top of being a place where I get to feel important for a few minutes every day, this is also where I store recipes. I tried to have a binder, but I’m too lazy for that. I need the Internet. Anyway, these are really bland…although they have a nice texture. So maybe you can find a way to tweak it or just straight up use chocolate chips instead of berries or something. I think if I’d used a banana instead of egg these would have had more flavor and Teno would have liked them even more.
Anyway, to make these bad muffins you’ll need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried orange zest (or 1 tsp fresh grated)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 & 1/3 cup frozen berries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease your muffin pans.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and create a well in the center.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk the wet ingredients (not the berries.)
- Mix the wet into the dry just until they’re combined.
- Then fold in the berries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake 15-20 minutes.
These might be better with something going on upstairs- like some course sugar sprinkled on before baking or even a strudel topping. But they were for a baby, so I didn’t go nuts on the sugar.