When I started this blog in December of ’06 I wanted to document my baking successes and failures alike. I have to say, there haven’t been too many major disappointments, not because I rule so hard at baking (although I do) but because sometimes you just don’t get the recipe you wish you would have gotten. This is one of those “meh” recipes, but I have to stay true to my original mission, so here it is for your total boredom.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp chocolate cream liquor
- 1 tbsp strong brewed coffee or milk, cool the coffee
- Pinch salt
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process confectioner’s sugar, cocoa powder, butter, chocolate liquor, coffee and salt until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes.
- Eat cupcakes, hide disappointment.