Here is my secret to a winning vegan dinner recipe: Mix four things together. Make sure one of them is Doritos. The end.
At the time of this posting, Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos are the only vegan variety, although I hope their popularity will encourage Doritos to come out with more. Please be sure to check the ingredients before you buy as they may change over time and I’m way too lazy to come back and update this post. If this recipe floats your boat you’re going to love my cookbook. Pre-order it now!
Four-Ingredient Mouth Party Recipe
By April 29, 2013Published:
- Yield: 8 pieces (2 Servings)
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
If you're not concerned with this being vegan feel free to swap in your favorite variety of Doritos.
- 1 pkg firm or extra firm tofu approx. 14 oz
- 1 (12.5 oz) bag Spicy Sweet Chili Vegan Doritos
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- Drain tofu and press for at least 20 minutes to remove excess water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray. Cut tofu into 8 equal slices.
- Use a food processor to crush Doritos into Panko bread crumb-sized pieces. You might need to do this in two batches to process the whole bag. Place crumbs in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and non-dairy milk.
- One at a time, dunk the tofu slices into the cornstarch mixture, and then into the Dorito crumbs. Press the crumbs firmly into all sides to make them stick.
- Place the breaded tofu slices on the prepared baking sheet. Once they have all been coated, place them in the oven and bake 35-40 minutes until the outsides are crispy and the inside is nice and hot.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress