It’s SugarSlam time in Bake and Destroysville which means I’m spending most of my time gathering up prize sponsors and plastering posters all over Chicago. Thankfully, I have a YUM recipe from Terry Walters, the world champion diva of the clean-eating movement to share! This healthy compote is simple, but fancy – and you can serve it with cashew cream, or just pour it over your favorite non-dairy ice cream.
Cashew Cream courtesy of Terry Walters
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups lightly roasted cashews
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
In small pot, bring apple juice to boil and remove from heat. Place cashews and syrup in food processor. Turn on machine and slowly add juice to cashews and syrup until you achieve the desired texture (you may not need all of the juice). Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
By June 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
recipe courtesy of Terry Walters
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp agar powder
- 3 Tbs arrowroot or kudzu dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups stemmed & halved strawberries
- Fresh mint or lemon balm sprigs for garnish
- In saucepan over medium heat, combine rhubarb and apple juice and simmer until rhubarb starts to fall apart. Add agar and whisk until it dissolves. Add arrowroot mixture and whisk until sauce starts to thicken. Add strawberries and remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Layer compote and cashew cream in glasses or glass bowl. Top with sprigs of fresh mint or lemon balm
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress