Aaaand we’re back with another “I can’t believe it’s raw, vegan and gluten-free” recipe from Emily von Euw’s book Rawsome Vegan Baking: An Un-cookbook for Raw, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Beautiful and Sinfully Sweet Cookies, Cakes, Bars and Cupcakes. I received an advanced copy a few days ago, but the book officially drops on March 4th. (It’s available for pre-order now, though, so go get it!)
Yesterday I posted Em’s take on Oreos – dairy, gluten and other junk-free! Today we have another twist on a classic that I think you’ll enjoy.
For the chocolate:
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) melted cacao butter
- ¼ cup (30 g) cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon (40 g) preferred liquid sweetener
Mix all the ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
Raw Vegan Almond Joys
By February 28, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6
From the author: These are a little bit addictive for coconut lovers. My mom does not have a very big sweet tooth but she devoured these in minutes, because she loved Almond Joy while growing up. I see that as a job well done on my part! The best compliment is when someone can’t stop eating your recipe, or asks for seconds.
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbs melted coconut oil or as needed
- 1 Tbs raw agave nectar or as needed
- Put half of the coconut into your food processor and process until you get a chunky butter consistency; it may take several minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients, including the remaining coconut, and process until
it all sticks together. If it’s too dry, add more coconut oil or agave nectar. Press this
mixture into flattened balls and put in the fridge for an hour, until they set. Then dip
in the chocolate and allow the chocolate to set.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link.