This is my absolute favorite recipe from my cookbook, which is why I chose to share it in the Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck. In third grade I used to spend all my Scholastic money on Garfield books. It bummed my mom out, but those books taught me two important life lessons: lasagna is awesome and Mondays suck. I don’t know Garfield’s opinion on taco lasagna, but something tells me the layers of mushrooms, corn and spicy Nacho Chee-Zee Sauce would earn this dish a furry orange thumbs-up.
Vegan Taco Lasagna
By August 30, 2014Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Remember to prep the Nacho Chee-Zee Sauce ahead of time!
- 1 jar chunky salsa
- 1 batch Nacho Chee-Zee Sauce link above
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans drained & rinsed
- 3 1/4 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 lbs button or baby bella mushrooms stemmed & quartered
- 2 tsp oil for pan
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- sliced black olives optional
- diced avocado optional
- fresh squeezed lime optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for about 7 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, salt and black pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
In a medium bowl, mix beans, corn, mushrooms with Nacho Chee-Zee Sauce.
- Pour 1/3 of salsa into bottom of a 10” round or 9 x13” oven-safe dish. Top with a layer of overlapping tortillas, similar to lasagna noodles.
- Top with 1/3 of bean and Chee-Zee mixture, then 1/4 of remaining salsa and another layer of overlapping tortillas.
- Repeat with another layer of Chee-Zee mixture and more salsa, and top with more tortillas.
- Finally, add the last of the Chee-Zee mixture and 1/2 the remaining salsa, and top with tortillas.
- Pour the remaining salsa on top and bake 30 minutes. Cool 10-15 minutes.
- Toss avocado with lime juice, then top baked lasagna with avocado mixture and olives. Slice and eat!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress