Quinoa and maple syrup, they go together like peanut butter and jelly. No, for real. Not only do quinoa’s toasty, nutty flavors sing when touched with a touch of naturally sweet maple syrup, but I Heart Keenwah and Pure Canadian Maple Syrup are both going to be represented in the Finisher’s Village at next month’s Fit Foodie 5k in Chicago. Another common thread? I am a maple syrup connoisseur and I work for I Heart Keenwah – so I’ll be right there to meet all the finishers!
Pure Canadian Maple Syrup was kind enough to offer me two tickets to giveaway – so why not enter now? If you win, not only will you get to run the tastiest 5k in the city, but afterwords you’ll hobnob with celebrity chefs, sample healthy snacks and not-so-healthy beer and wine, and best of all (in my opinion) you will get to high-five me.
Need even more maple and quinoa? Try this tasty recipe from Pure Canadian Maple Syrup!
Maple Quinoa Salad Recipe
By August 25, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
Quinoa and maple syrup, they go together like peanut butter and jelly. No, for real. Not only do quinoa's toasty, nutty flavors sing …
- 1 lb sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 1- inch cubes
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbs Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 cups packed baby kale and/or arugula
- 1 small apple cored, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 2 Tbs toasted slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 400.
- In a bowl toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper.
- Place in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake about 25 minutes, stirring once, until golden and tender. Let cool.
- In a large bowl whisk remaining tablespoon olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
Add onion, then toss and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add kale; toss.
- Add apple, sweet potatoes and quinoa; toss.
- Sprinkle with almonds and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress